Thursday

I've been absent from this venue because I've been at the annual pre-Lenten clergy retreat, and there was no wifi in my room. The retreat was splendid, conducted by Fr Andrew Mead, lately rector of St Thomas', Fifth Avenue in NYC, who offered meaty reflections on three Psalms (27, 51, and 112). When things concluded yesterday after lunch, I brought him back to Springfield with me because he's a huge history buff and a fan of Abraham Lincoln, so Springfield was the place he needed to be. I took him to the Lincoln home and the Lincoln museum, and then drove him to STL this afternoon for his 3:05 flight home to Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island. I got home around 3:30, rested a bit, and then spent quality time with the treadmill. Processed some email and snail mail along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)